Friday 1 January 2016

FAMOUS FIRSTS...


Images copyright MARVEL COMICS

January 1st - Happy New Year, Crivvies.  Here are 19 other famous firsts to start the year rolling.  How many of them do you have in your collection?

First appearance of HENRY PYM

First appearance of ANT MAN in costume


First MARVEL AGE appearance of The SUB-MARINER


First appearance of SPIDER-MAN

First appearance of THOR The MIGHTY

First appearance of IRON MAN


First appearance of Dr. STRANGE

Origin of Dr. STRANGE



First MARVEL AGE appearance of the real CAPTAIN AMERICA

Origin of CAPTAIN AMERICA


First appearance of S.H.I.E.L.D.

9 comments:

baab said...

I have none of them,but if you continue to share.....

Heres to a good new year Kid.

Kid said...

And you have a great 2016 as well, Baab.

Anonymous said...

What "first" did the fantastic Four annual have ? Unless it was the first Marvel annual ? I never saw any Marvel U.S. annuals or Giant-Size specials on sale - were they available in the UK ?

Rip Jagger said...

When number one issues and debuts were truly memorable.

Happy New Year!

Rip Off

Kid said...

Still on the spirits, CJ? It was the first FF Annual, and therefore a famous first. Yup, Marvel Annuals were on sale in the U.K.

******

Very true, Rip. And a Happy New Year to you, too.

Phil said...

I have three and wish I had more knowing what I know now. After all who needs money to eat and live?

Kid said...

Only wimps, Phil, only wimps.

Phil said...

i just bought Batman the war years which reprints 20 ww2 era Batman comics. Because I own one of them and it's now in a plastic slab and I can't even read it. How crazy is that?

Kid said...

I always thought that slabbed comics are more for investors than collectors, Phil. I prefer to have comics I can read.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...