Sunday, 17 January 2016

PART TWO Of LION'S ROBOT ARCHIE: The JUNGLE ROBOT...

Copyright REBELLION

Another four early ROBOT ARCHIE pages for you to drool over, comics-lovers. These two instalments are from LION #s 4 & 5, published way, way back in 1952, so you've got a real slice of history to savour.  Isn't it a crime that there's no comic mag today publishing new adventures of all the great British comic heroes of yesteryear?  What would you call a weekly mag containing strips like The STEEL CLAW, ADAM ETERNO, JANUS STARK, The SPIDER, KELLY'S EYE, DAN DARE, CURSITOR DOOM, KARL The VIKING, STEEL COMMANDO, The TRIGAN EMPIRE, SIMON TEST, GALAXUS, and other fondly-remembered greats from the past?  I'd call it "Bloody Brilliant!"



4 comments:

Phil said...

But was there ever a city robot?

Kid said...

Of course - when Archie went into the city, that's what he became.

B Smith said...

Was it ever explained why they settled on the name "Archie" for the robot?

Kid said...

To be honest, BS, I don't know. If it was, I've never read it.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...