Saturday 9 January 2016

THE ART OF THE SIMON & KIRBY STUDIO...


Copyright relevant owner

Thanks to a belated Christmas gift, I now have The ART Of The SIMON & KIRBY STUDIO, a lavish tome featuring over 350 pages of original art - some rare and unpublished - to drool over and inspire me to lift a pencil again.  (I won't draw with it 'natch, I'll merely sharpen it and put it back on my desk.)  Still got some Christmas money that you don't know what to spend on?  Then get along to your nearest comics shop and add this massive book to your collection now!

Containing art by Joe & Jack (of course), as well as JOAQUIN ALBISTUR, DICK AYERS, BILL DRAUT, MORT MESKINHOWARD NOSTRAND, JOHN PRENTICE, PAUL REINMANGEORGE ROUSSOS, LEONARD STARR, MARVIN STEINANGELO TORRES, GEORGE TUSKA, DOUG WIDELYAL WILLIAMSON - and others.  Here endeth the plug.



7 comments:

Arfon Jones said...

Will you stop this already! I can't afford all these new books! (grumble!)

Kid said...

Don't worry, AJ, it's not new - it came out in November of 2014. (Surely you can afford an OLD book?)

Rip Jagger said...

I'm jealous on this one. I'll have to wait and hope this one finds its way onto the remainder tables in the future.

Rip Off

Kid said...

It doubtless will, Rip. In fact, you should check out Amazon - there are usually copies of just about any book available for half price. It's just the sort of volume you'd love.

Phil said...

How much was Simon and how much Kirby?

Kid said...

Mark Evanier mentions that in the book, Phil. I think it varied from page to page. Sometimes S&K would 'punch up' pages by other srtists, sometimes other artists finished off pages by S&K.

Kid said...

Oops, 'artists', not 'srtists'.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...