Friday 15 January 2016

ROBOT ARCHIE: THE JUNGLE ROBOT - PART ONE...


Copyright REBELLION

If you're a fan of British comics and are aware of their halcyon heyday then you've probably heard of the legendary ROBOT ARCHIE, who first appeared in LION #1 in 1952 when the strip was simply titled The JUNGLE ROBOT.  Being the lucky owner of the first 17 issues of Lion, I've decided to share Archie's early strips with you here.  I haven't checked to see if the story is complete, but at least it's a start if you decide to seek out further adventures of the mechanical marvel.

Don't miss part two - coming soon!





6 comments:

LeicesterJim said...

Nice. Thanks, kid. Anymore obscure British stuff you can dig out would be gratefully appreciated.
Jim

Kid said...

I'll see what I can do, LJ.

Unknown said...

Nice one - I didn't realise "Archie's" face looked so different at the start - To be honest Robot Archie was never a favourite of mine (although Lion" was)I always like the Spider best (and Oddball Oakes)

Kid said...

I read Lion from time to time, usually in friends' houses, but I never started buying it regularly until Thunder was merged with it, McS. I'd say the three best-remembered strips are Archie, The Spider, and Zip Nolan. (Not necessarily in that order.) How's your cold?

Unknown said...

Loved "Thunder" and "Lion and Thunder" my cold (how did you know I had man flu) is a lot better thanks had a crap New Year with it.

Kid said...

Aha, the Shadow knows, McS - the Shadow knows!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...