Friday 22 November 2019

GO ON, PICK A COMIC - ANY COMIC...


Copyright REBELLION

As you'll all no doubt know by now, REBELLION are bringing out a dozen new Specials in 2020, including COR!!-BUSTER, and SMASH! issues, among other famous names from the past.  Which leads me to a question that I've maybe asked before and which you probably answered at the time, but I can no longer remember (bet you can't either).

Before I ask the question though, the Smash! Special won't have any of the original contents of '60s Smash!, but new strips featuring characters from other comics, such as The SPIDER, The STEEL CLAW, MYTEK The MIGHTY, and The MISSING LINK.  Personally, I'd have also liked to see The LEGEND TESTERS, The RUBBERMAN, and TRI-MAN included in the mix - after all, they did appear in Smash! during its lifetime.

Anyway, here's my question to all you cavortin' Crivs.  If you could revive one comic title from your childhood and have any strips from any of the comics you read back then, which title would it be and what strips would it have?  Go on, I know you're dying to answer this one!

4 comments:

McSCOTTY said...

I would revive SMASH and would have Janus Stark, Frankie Stein, Oddball Oates, Trigan Empire, Swots and Blots, White Eyes, House of Dollman, Grimley Fiendish and Steel Claw in it amongst others I have no doubt forgotten . Iam looking forward to the Snash Rebellion comic just to see the title again on the shelves

Kid said...

I hope they use the original '60s masthead, McS. As well as most of the ones you mentioned, I'd have Adam Eterno, The Gauntlet Of Fate, Cursitor Doom, Robot Archie, etc. Of course, it would need to be a 200 page comic with all the strips I'd like to see, so it's unlikely.

Christopher Nevell said...

How about Whizzer and Chips but this time with Cheeky leading the Whizz-Kids and Buster leading the Chip-ites.

Kid said...

I'd love to see Whizzer & Chips again, CN, and you're allowed to have it any way you want. Personally though, if it were down to me, I'd prefer to see Sid and Shiner resume their respective roles as leaders of the Whizz-Kids and Chip-ites. Buster would have his own strip in my version of the new incarnation, but I was never a big fan of Cheeky. Like I say though, your vision, your comic.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...