![]() |
| Copyright MARVEL COMICS |
Above, the final (for now) facsimile edition of Silver Surfer, this one being #7 and the last square-bound giant-size issue (68 pages) before the title switched to the standard 36 pages for the remainder of its 18-ish run. Note just how fluid the Surfer looks under John Buscema's hand, unlike Jack Kirby's blocky, stiff, and not quite so graceful work on the character after his initial presentation in the 'Galactus Trilogy'.
Side-by-side, above, are two facsimiles of Journey Into Mystery #83 featuring the debut of Thor. The first shows the cover as originally drawn, the second as published after Stan Lee decreed some of the Stone Men be removed to prevent the thunder god being overcrowded by them. The interiors are on newsprint, with the covers on pretty much the same type of paper as '60s Marvel mags were printed on. I fortunately own an original ish, but these two nifty items are also great to have, with the back-up tales and ads of the period as first presented.
![]() |
| Copyright DC COMICS |
Finally, yet another facsimile of Batman #251, this time without an intrusive modern barcode box, which has now been relegated to the back cover. I also purchased the foil edition as one simply can't have too much of a good thing, especially (as McScotty will testify), when it comes to Neal Adams art. So, have you got yours yet? Well, what'cha waitin' for?!



2 comments:
I picked up Silver Surfer #7 ( but missed issue 5 and 6). I was in Forbidden Planet on Wednesday but didn't see Batman #251 but it's a great issue. I only have that one in a collection so I can see me picking it up. Thor I'm afraid isn't of interest .
You wouldn't easily find the Thor facsimiles even were you interested, McS, as they're 'privately' produced and come from the US - not exactly cheap either.
Post a Comment