Monday 21 August 2023

PUTTING A GLOSS ON THINGS (Or HULKS, Actually)...


Copyright MARVEL COMICS

Having shown you Crivs all the newsprint paper covers of The Mighty World Of Marvel in an 'Omnibus' post recently, I thought I might as well show you the first issue of MWOM to feature a glossy cover.  Why?  For no other reason than because I can, that's why!  Sometimes, that's the only reason required on this 'ere blog of mine.  I'll add it to the other post as well, but I thought it deserved a space of its own first.

4 comments:

Rip Jagger said...

I assume that's some of Herb Trimpe's early inviting artwork underneath. The contrast between the Hulk and the Leader is instantly obvious to a reader and makes for classic face offs between the two. I much prefer this classic version of the Leader, his later grosser looks were less convincing.

Kid said...

Trimpe and Adkins art on The Hulk strip, RJ, and Kirby and Stone art on the FF - and all for only 6p. What's not to like?!

McSCOTTY said...

I have a vivid memory of seeing this issue as the paperboy delivered it. I think I still have my original issue somewhere. Nice cover, can't place the artists name but familiar ( someone called Wilson???)

Kid said...

That'll probably be Ron Wilson then, McS, if you're correct about his surname. He drew John Byrne's The Thing mag back in the '80s, as well as various other titles.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...