Sunday 8 August 2021

ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD? WELL, I'VE GOT TWO 'WORLDS' AND NOT A PENNY IN EITHER OF THEM...

As regular readers may know, I have a number of money banks, some of which I've featured on the blog before.  I still have a few tucked away somewhere which, when I find them, I'll share with you on Crivens.  However, I don't necessarily consider my collection complete and I still buy ones that interest or appeal to me, so let me show you my latest acquisitions.  First, though, a bit of background.

The Royal Bank Of Scotland globe is one I acquired almost a quarter of a century ago (1997) from an old classmate and neighbour who lived in the third row behind the one in which I stayed from 1965 to '72.  The fact that it comes from a house in the same street as where I once lived when I had my original globe bank makes it a bit extra special to me.

I obtained the National Westminster Bank version only a couple of days ago, and I'm not quite sure which of the two is the one I had as a kid.  I'd assume it was the RBS one, but there's something about the NatWest one which strikes a cord in my memory.  No doubt quite a few banks had their own versions of this at different times.  (Some had white bases, spray-gold bases, or same-colour-as-the-globe bases.)

I showed you the Yogi Bear bank before, so he's only here in support of his pal Boo Boo, who arrived on the same day as the NatWest globe.  I think they're nice examples of the Jellystone Park pair, and they look good together on display.  Can't say when I'll find my other tucked-away banks, but when I do, you'll be the first people I share them with.  Gives you all something to look forward to, doesn't it?  I spoil you, I really do.  (Why are you all laughing?)

2 comments:

Yogi and Boo Boo said...

We think the Yogi and Boo Boo banks are best - though Ranger Smith doesn't agree.

Kid said...

Gosh! A comment from Yogi and Boo Boo. Who'da thunk it?!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...