Friday 31 January 2020

EXCELLENT CONDITION FOR AGE...



If there's one thing (actually there's more than one, but I'll save the others for a rainy day) that bugs me about eBay, it's when sellers describe an item as being in 'excellent condition for age', as if that's in any way helpful.  Surely 'excellent condition' should be an objective definition regardless of age, especially when it comes to comics or books?  It shouldn't matter whether the object was made in 1940 or 1980, 'excellent condition' should be the same in either case.

I've just noticed it's raining, so here's one of the other things that annoys me.  I recently saw a book being described as 'mint condition'.  However, the seller then added something like 'except for some writing inside, a small tear on a page, and a scuff on the back cover'.  Pillock!  Then it's not 'mint condition, is it?  Where the hell do these people come from?  It's like saying someone is incredibly handsome, except for a big wart on their nose, no teeth, and there being a 6 inch gap between their eyes - which have a bit of a squint.

Anything about eBay sellers that particularly annoys you, fellow Crivs?  Feel free to rend your soul about it in the comments section.  What's that?  Why the pic of CLAUDIA?  Well, I couldn't think of anything else to illustrate the post with, so you'll just have to be satisfied with her, I'm afraid.  No hardship, eh?  After all, she's in excellent condition (for her age).

2 comments:

Phil S said...

Only that most of the time the items I want are of such low value postage costs more. I mean who wants one issue of DC comics presents except me for the Murphy Anderson art. It’s cheaper for me to pick them all up at a con.

Kid said...

I know what you mean, PS. I recently bought a comic costing under £3 from Germany, and the postage was around £8. Still, it got here super-fast and was well-protected. It concluded a two-part story so I was glad to get it - especially as it still worked out loads cheaper than what other sellers were asking for it.

(Originally posted 26 February 2020 at 10:09)



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...