Monday 4 November 2019

SLAM, BLAM, THANK YOU, WHAM!


Copyright relevant owner

Yes, you're right - I've shown these pages before, but I'm sure they can stand another outing seeing as how they so aptly fit the theme of Guy Fawkes and Bonfire Night.  Just think, 1966 was 53 years ago - amazing, eh?  If you weren't born then and are still ever such a young thing, you'll never know how much I resent the fact that some people have more life ahead of them than I have.  Well, you know now, but that's only because I've just told you.  However, that doesn't mean I wish ill on anyone younger than me, so if you're attending any firework festivities tomorrow, remember to be careful.  Have fun by all means, but make sure it's safe fun. 


4 comments:

Terranova47 said...

Looks like The Bash Street Kids were renamed 'THE tiddlers'. Who was the artist on this?

Kid said...

When The Tiddlers first appeared in Wham!, they were drawn by Leo Baxendale, but I think later strips were drawn by Mike Lacey. I'll have to check to be sure. Interestingly, Bax did reuse some of his Bash Street scripts for The Tiddlers.

Terranova47 said...

Since Bash Street was DC Thompson and The Tiddlers is Odhams were there copyright issues if Baxendale reused scripts?

Kid said...

Neither DCT or Odhams were pleased when they found out, but no legal action was taken. Presumably, as Bax had also written the DCT ones he was reusing, he could've claimed it was a subconscious mistake if it had gone to court. Terry Nation reused old Saint plots he'd written for The Baron, but he was probably just 'spoken to' about it rather than sued. I doubt they were the first or the last people to do such a thing. Nellie & Her Telly was similar to Charlie's Choice - both for different publishers, but created by the same artist (Brian Lewis). Ideas were probably repeated in both strips, I'd imagine.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...