Tuesday 24 May 2016

PART TWELVE OF THE CRUNCH COVER GALLERY...


Images copyright D.C. THOMSON & Co., Ltd

I'd not long turned 21 when this crop of The CRUNCH comics went on sale back in 1979.  It only seems like yesterday to me, not the 36 and a half years that it actually is.  As I've said before, I felt that DCT were trying to emulate the style of IPC's 2000 A.D. with this weekly periodical, but it was destined for a far shorter lifespan than its esteemed rival, which is still being published today, nearly 40 years after it first came out.

The final five covers coming soon, comics fans.










2 comments:

John Pitt said...

And I'm sure I would have loved it, had I known about it at the time. Some of the art (particularly 'Ebony') is very "Carlos Esquerra"-esque!

Kid said...

One day I'll have to sit down and re-read them all, JP, 'cos I haven't done so since I first got them in 1979/'80.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...