Thursday 29 October 2015

KLASSIC KIRBY KOMIC KOVERS - JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY #83...

Image copyright MARVEL COMICS

THOR The MIGHTY looks a little undernourished in this cover, as he did in many of his early appearances, but it wasn't too long before he was beefed-up and looked a bit more manly (despite the long hair).  When this illo was used in The MIGHTY WORLD Of MARVEL #20 to promote Thor's 'debut' in SPIDER-MAN COMICS WEEKLY #1, it was retouched to make him look bulkier and more impressive, as befitting his godly status.

The original is still a great cover though, eh?

******

Oops!  Just noticed that I posted this cover not long ago as part of the 'Klassic Komic Kovers' series.  My ol' memory must be failing me!  Never mind, at least it provides you with a choice of my woeful waffle to read, depending on which of the two posts you happen upon.  Aren't I generous?! 

2 comments:

Phil said...

Thor? Put some ointment on it!

Kid said...

I'd much rather have Lee Meriwether do that for me, Phil. Who wouldn't?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...