Saturday 6 November 2010

ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR...


The rubberband version

1965 was the year I got my rubberband-powered STINGRAY by LONESTAR. There was also a clockwork version which looked pretty much the same (see below), but it was the cheaper version I had. Cheaper, but no less fun at the nearby pond just along the road from where I lived at the time.  And there was also the kitchen sink or the bath for Stingray to continue its undersea explorations when I couldn't be bothered going out or the weather was against me.

The clockwork version

I acquired a replacement for this childhood toy a good number of years back and proudly have it on display.  VIVID IMAGINATIONS produced their own, far more detailed version of this craft sometime back in the '90s, but there's something about the '60s original which is hard to beat.

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...