Okay, I admit it, I'm a lazy git, but why go to the bother of taking my own photographs when I can use the official ones from the company's site? I'm talking about my recent Corgi additions, one received yesterday and one received this morning (yeah, I know, on a Sunday too).
Yesterday, it was The Green Hornet's car, Black Beauty, and today it's the D.B.5 collection, all three of which I've already got separately, but I liked the box. Anyway, no more waffle from me, feast your eyes on these lovely images and think about acquiring them for yourself.





10 comments:
A very nice collection there, Kid. That Black Beauty is a beauty! It'll be on my Xmas list. As far as I know, the Green Hornet TV series was never shown in the UK back in the 1960s, with his only appearance in a Batman two-parter shown on the ITV network in 1967. That must have been a late decision by ITV not to acquire the series, as I'm sure there was at least one Green Hornet annual in the UK, and of course the three Gold Key comics.
I have recorded the complete 30-episode TV series when reshown here (near Chicago) on the Me-TV nostalgia channel, but the picture quality of the image is atrocious (like a 2nd generation video). I've watched a few of the episodes, which are done straight rather than in the camp style of Batman of the same era.
I've just managed to snag a decent version of the Green Hornet 3-reel Viewmaster, which I don't believe ever surfaced in the UK either.
I don't know about the rest of the UK, B, but it was certainly never shown in Scotland. I was aware of the car, of course, 'cos i saw some kids at my school playing with it, but I never had one at the time. I was surprised at how heavy it is, it's quite a beast in the weight department. Green Hornet also appeared in a strip in TV Tornado, which, without checking, I think was a UK produced strip, not a reprint of a US one. Might be mistaken though.
My favourite is also the Green Hornet car. Strange how it was never shown on TV here in the 69s-70s but I seemed to be aware of the character . As I kid I had the gold Bond car .
Maybe you saw GH guest-starring in the Batman TV show, as B mentioned above, McS, or in TV Tornado? I've still never seen an episode of GH to this day, funnily enough. Same goes for Secret Service.
Green Hornet was definitely shown in my region (Central/Midlands) because I remember watching it one Saturday morning. I'd never seen it before and was memorised by the music, Bruce Lee and how similar it was to Batman. Don't ask me when it was because I'm useless at years but at a guess it would be late 80s when I spent a lot of Saturday mornings in bed because I was at college.
The Green Hornet series — Digital Spy https://share.google/Yem0Pky31owvR8WGF
Further information here, mentions of early 80s but I'm sure I remember watching it on my colour portable which I didn't buy until 1989. However, I am useless at years!
Also a mention of an original 60s airing in some regions.
It must have been broadcast in some regions, M, or it wouldn't have been in TV Tornado, but it never made it to my neck-of-the-woods in Scotland. I think you meant mesmerised by the music (which you may have memorised), though I've never heard it so don't know if it was any good or not.
Yes mesmerised. I've had a new phone and the keys are close together/auto-predict.
The music is the Flight of the Bumble Bee or variation of and very catchy. Once heard, never forgotten. I'm sure it would be on YouTube.
I'll have a wee search for it at some stage, M. Thanks for the heads-up.
Reminiscent of Flight of the Bumblebee but not quite. Wasn't too impressed by the theme to be honest. Hope the show was better than the theme would indicate.
Post a Comment