![]() |
| Copyright D.C. THOMSON & Co., Ltd |
Here's a nice book from 2010 that I won at auction recently - for less than its original price. I read a handful of pals' Victor comics when I was a kid and bought the occasional free-gift issues as a teenager, but that apart, I wasn't a particular fan of the weekly periodical. Why? Probably because it consisted mainly of War and Sports stories. However, something about the book caught my fancy so I decided it was going to be mine - and it now is! Incidentally, the slightly grubby look in places on the cover is part of its design, not the result of 'shelf (or any other kind of) wear'. I think I'll enjoy reading it. (And it still has its free gift.)
Did any of you read The Victor when you were younger and is this the sort of book you'd like to own? Tell your fellow Crivvies in the comments section. (Or I'll bore you all witless with more shocking Care Home revelations.)


4 comments:
I did read the Victor as young but it wasn't my favourite comic. Like yourself the war element put me off but , as a kid I did like Alf Tupper , the Tough of the Track, Morgyn the Mighty and The Hammer Man. I picked up a near mint copy of this book in a charity shop a few years ago for £2.
It's a nice book, McS, and captures a part of the '60s that I lived through. Well done on getting yours for £2. Mine cost a bit more, but it was still less than the cover price. It's also in near mint condition, just like your copy. You still got it?
Discovering Marvel spared me from having to read British boys' comics like Victor.
Definitely a different kind of storytelling, CJ, but variety, they say, is the spice of life.
Post a Comment