Wednesday, 1 July 2026

BLUES IN MY HEART - JIM REEVES...


4 comments:

Graham said...

As we discussed on my blog, Kid, there's a very thin line between blues and country during the era that Jim Reeves sang. Most of the country artists listened to blues and most of the blues artists listened to the Grand Ole Opry when they were younger, so the influence goes both ways, especially in the Mississippi Delta.

Kid said...

I seem to vaguely recall us discussing this on your blog, G, but such is the gossamer nature of my memory these days, I don't always remember things in any great detail. Did you like this song?

Graham said...

I did like it. Reeves had a great voice and could handle a variety of styles if he chose to.

Kid said...

Yeah. I consider him the best balladeer of the 20th century. Cheers.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...