Saturday 18 May 2024

COMIC CONTRIBUTORS WHOSE WORK YOU'D HAVE LIKED TO SEE ON THE COMICS OF YOUR YOUTH...


Copyright MARVEL COMICS

Here's a quick question for you, Crivvies.  Which comicbook would you've liked to see 'touched' by a particular artist (penciller or inker), who didn't work on that comicbook?  For instance, much as I like Vince Colletta's inking of Jack Kirby's pencils on Thor, I'd have loved to see what John Severin's inking would've done to the strip.  I'd also have loved to see Wally Wood's inks on Kirby's FF.  I'm not just talking about the odd assignment here and there, I mean as regular contributors to those particular mags.  Same goes for pencillers - which comics would you've liked to see drawn by which artists?  Tell all in the comments section.

8 comments:

Colin Jones said...

Jack Kirby or John Buscema on POTA would have been interesting.

Kid said...

I imagine Jack on POTA wouldn't have looked too dissimilar to Kamandi, CJ. John, inked by Tom Palmer, would surely have been great-looking.

McSCOTTY said...

I would have liked to have see Jim Aparo work at Marvel, especially on Captain America and the Silver Surfer. And Neal Adams drawing a Hulk strip. 100% on Severins on Thor even on his own doing full art.

Kid said...

I wonder what Jim Aparo would've done with Conan, McS, as his style may've suited the Hyborian Age. I think I'd still have had Kirby pencil the Main Thor strip, with Severin inks, and Severin on his own drawing the Tales Of Asgard back-up tale. What strip do you think would've suited Curt Swan?

McSCOTTY said...

I think Curt Swan could have done an interesting Captain America possibly Daredevil. What about you 're Curt?

Kid said...

I'd agree on Captain America and Daredevil - Avengers or Defenders maybe? Not sure, would depend on who was inking him.

ten-cent media said...

Replace Colletta on Kirby's pencils? Are you nuts? Thor was the best comic book art of its time.

Kid said...

You wouldn't necessarily have to 'replace' Colletta, simply have Severin ink the Chic Stone and Bill Everett inked Kirby pages in their place.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...