Tuesday 13 September 2022

THE PAST BECOMES THE PRESENT...


Copyright BBC TV

After publishing my recent Doctor Who Weekly cover gallery, I decided to add another issue to my collection, so I bought #42 to even up the numbers.  I'm glad I did, because it concluded The Dalek Tapes story from the previous issues I own and it's as if this comic from 1980 has travelled through the mists of time to the present day (and not just through the post, though it did that as well).  Just think - 42 years after it first came out, I finally bought #42 - cue Twilight Zone theme.  Yes, I'm talking my usual load of old pants again, but I can bear it if you can.  I'll be adding this image to the cover gallery to place it with its fellows, so no doubt they'll be doing some heavy partying tonight.

10 comments:

Kid said...

Ah, such profundity, Gordie - you're a genius with the typewritten word.

Colin Jones said...

Your first acquisition in the post-Elizabeth age.

Kid said...

Not sure if it is, CJ, 'cos I think I received another comic (FF) a few days back - will have to check.

Kid said...

It may've been FF #188, CJ.

Colin Jones said...

My first acquisition under King Charles was my shopping from Tesco so yours is more interesting, Kid :)

Kid said...

Well, that would all depend on what your shopping consisted of, CJ. Exotic foodstuffs perchance? (Or just beans and biscuits?)

Colin Jones said...

My shopping did include a bottle of Bells Scotch whiskey if that counts as exotic, Kid.

Kid said...

Nah, it would have to be a tropical mango fruit drink to qualify, CJ - and maybe a bar of Old Jamaica.

Colin Jones said...

I also bought a pack of Turkish Delight, containing three bars.

Kid said...

Turkish Delight certainly qualifies, CJ - and 3 bars you say? My, aren't you exotic?! No need to go overboard.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...