Thursday 25 June 2020

TITANIC TRUE BELIEVERS...


Copyright MARVEL COMICS

A trio of TRUE BELIEVERS for you to look out for, effendis.  If comics shops in your area aren't yet open, why not give eBay a try?  They cost a bit more, but at least they get delivered right to your door and you don't even have to leave the house.  And I'm glad to see that MARVEL are now leaving the original mastheads untouched, instead of replacing them with inferior new ones naming the featured character, like they did with some earlier TBs.  The series and character names now go in the banners along the top, leaving the original artistic integrity of the covers uncompromised (for the most part anyway).

.

6 comments:

Big D said...

Hi Kid,

I've got the originals of these 3 issues, but never thought that any of them were particularly "key" issues - what's the significance of each issue being released for True Believers?

Cheers,

Duncan

Kid said...

Essentially, they're simply promotional mags for the collected editions of each particular title. On the last story page, it usually says 'Continued in... blah, blah, blah' (whatever collected edition it happens to be), and there are also full-page ads for various other Epic Collections, Complete Collections, and Omnibus editions. I simply view them as handy-dandy, inexpensive reprints of comics from a vanished age.

Colin Jones said...

I remember the third one because that cover was also the cover of Marvel Superheroes magazine, circa December 1979.

Kid said...

I think I've got that issue - I'll have to dig them out and check, but it doesn't immediately ring any bells with me.

Dave S said...

Did Bob Layton draw the best metal surfaces in comics?

I think so, although I'd have John Byrne not far behind him.

Kid said...

I'm not sure I know who'd be worthy of that accolade, DS. I suppose it would depend on who was inking him.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...