Saturday 14 March 2020

MARVEL SPOTLIGHT #12 FACSIMILE EDITION - THE SON OF SANTA... ER, SATAN! (THAT FIRST ONE SOUNDS INTERESTING THOUGH)...

Copyright MARVEL COMICS

Here's the Facsimile Edition of MARVEL SPOTLIGHT #12 from November last year, but I've only just received it after buying it recently.  Truth to tell, I didn't really need it as I already have a reprint of the tale in a collected edition, but there's something about these single ish re-presentations that I really dig, man.  (Hey, how hip am I?)  Anyway, if your local comics shop is sold out, you should be able to get it on eBay just like I did.  Grab a sizzlin' slice of the sensational '70s now!

I suspect that Marvel are laying new colours over the original ads to enhance their reproduction, as, in most cases, they're far bolder-looking than the ones in DC COMICS facsimiles, which generally look faded and tired.  Hey, Marvel - let DC in on your secret, will ya?  Their facsimiles would look a lot better for it.  (As would yours if you printed them on matte paper, like they do.)  

2 comments:

Phil S said...

Had this as a kid! I thought it was cool with the Trimpe artwork . I might still have it but who knows. Son of Satan was naughty without being too naughty since he wasn’t actually Satan know what I mean!

Kid said...

Turns out his dad wasn't actually Satan either, PS, but I think that was a later development. The comic looks as if it was produced in a hurry, 'cos you can see the faint, rough outline of speech balloon guides in the panels.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...