Thursday 12 December 2019

MIGHTY MARVEL COLLECTORS' EDITIONS CHECKLIST - ON SALE NOW!


DEADPOOL UNLEASHED #8

Copyright MARVEL COMICS.  Published by PANINI

76 pages of Marvel’s hottest hero!  Three great stories!

It's our Christmas special!  How are we celebrating?  With a death-match between Deadpool and Santa Claus, of course!  By Skottie Young & Nic Klein!

Deadpool infiltrates the sinister Gorgon organisation in ‘Secret Agent Deadpool’!  By Christopher Hastings & Salva Espin!

Are you ready for Dogpool?!  By Victor Gischler & Phillip Bond!

Featuring material first printed in Deadpool #7, Prelude to Deadpool Corps #3 & Secret Agent Deadpool #4.

On sale NOW!

£4.99.

 ******

ESSENTIAL X-MEN #22


76 pages of mutant mayhem!  Two awesome tales!

Magneto has travelled to the future and seen the desolation his actions have caused – but the X-Men have no intention of letting him return to his own time!  By Cullen Bunn & Marcus To!

Storm returns to her village in Kenya to face the dreaded Uovu!  But is he a god of evil – or the saviour of humanity?  By Marc Guggenheim & Michelle Bandini!

Featuring material first printed in X-Men: Gold #33-34 & X-Men: Blue #34-35.

On sale NOW!

£4.99.

6 comments:

Christopher Nevell said...

The Magneto story sounds interesting enough to make me pick this up...

Kid said...

Then this post has done its job, CN. I do so like feeling useful.

Dave S said...

Kid, do you (or any other readers) have any comics that you dig out and read each Christmas?

I always make a point of reading Adventures of Superman 462 and 474, which are Christmas themed, as well as a Superman issue called Metropolis Mailbag from the early 90s - can't remember the issue number though.

Other than those I like the Lobo Paramilitary Christmas Special and Action Comics 672, which is not christmassy, but feels that way to me as I remember reading it once Christmas morning in the 90s when no-one else was awake!

Kid said...

There are no US comics that I can think of that I read each Christmas, DS, although I have at least a couple of DC Christmas Specials. However, I've recently started adding to my collection of UK Christmas issues, like Valiant & Smash, Lion & Thunder, etc., which I'll probably dig out and at least browse through nearer the big day. One thing I do like doing is looking at Christmassy Annual covers, like the Shiver & Shake one for 1976, and the Knockout one for 1973. They really capture the mood of the season for me, from my inner child's point of view.

Dave S said...

British comics always did do Christmas much better than American ones, to be fair.

I would also add to my list the 1981 Topper annual, which was a Christmas present in 1980, and led to me pretending to be Nick Kelly in the school playground (on my own, as no-one else seemed to know who I was talking about).

Kid said...

What? Nick without Cedric? Unthinkable! There was only a couple of pals I had as a kid that played at Superheroes with me, DS. One was John Fidler, who was Robin to my Batman, and the other was Philip Marshall, who was Power Man to my Wonder Man (or maybe it was the other way around). There are only two occasions I can think of when other kids decided to give it a try out of boredom. One was in school, during a playground break, when a few pupils agreed to be my Superman robots (naturally I was Supes), but they spoiled it by walking about like robots and just couldn't get it when I told them they were just to 'act natural'.

The other time (and I'm not sure about the precise sequence of the two events) was when some neighbourhood kids wanted to be superheroes and asked if they could play with me. I was Thor, but whatever roles they were assigned (by me), they just couldn't get that I was the only one who mimicked stamping his wooden cane on the ground to become Thor, with accompanying sound effect of thunder. They all did it!

After a short while it was mutually agreed that they should go back to playing football (or whatever), and I'd be the sole superhero of the area. 'Twas best that way.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...