Thursday 29 November 2018

IT'S A KNOCKOUT! (NOW THERE'S AN ORIGINAL TITLE FOR A POST)...


Image copyright relevant owner

Well, it's only taken 45 (and a half) years since it was first issued for me to acquire it, but my very own copy of KNOCKOUT Holiday Special from 1973 arrived this morning, thereby completing my collection of the '70s incarnation of this title.  106 weekly issues, 2 Holiday Specials, and 13 Annuals - and I've got them all!  Now all I have to do is find time some day to sit down and read 'em.  I'm hoping to have at least another 50 years or so of life left to me (if I can't be immortal), so hopefully that'll be long enough to find a window in my busy routine to accomplish the task.  I don't recall the contents of this Special (though the cover rings a bell) so it's possible I never had it at the time, but I'm certainly glad to own it now.  Took me right back to the '70s for a moment on just seeing the logo again - great stuff.

Did you buy Knockout when you were a kid, readers?  Did you have this Special?  If so, let's hear your memories of childhood when the world seemed a brighter, cleaner, happier place.  Maybe it was just an illusion, but some illusions are worth their weight in gold if they have a beneficial effect on our lives, don't you think?  Right, don't all rush the comments section at once - form an orderly queue.

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...