Sunday 29 July 2018

YOGI BEAR - HE'S ALL SHOOK UP...



Here's a pair of items I acquired a short while ago that will be of interest to YOGI BEAR fans - a salt and pepper shaker set in the image of the HANNA-BARBERA bruin.  I don't know anything about their history, but I'd guess they're early items of merchandise going by the colour.  Some Yogi merchandise from the early 1960s was often of a darker brown than its cartoon counterpart, and sometimes even had a 'shirt-front' under the tie.  It took a while before any kind of consistency was introduced to the various Yogi items available to '60s shoppers.

As you can see, Yogi's nose hasn't been painted on the shakers, leaving me with a dilemma - to paint or not to paint?  I've decided to leave off for the moment, but I may yet succumb to the temptation.  (You might have to strain your eyesight to see his tie due to the camera flash, but it's there sure enough.) 

Know anything about their history, like year of production, manufacturer, or country of origin?  If so, feel free to enlighten me in the comments section.

2 comments:

TC said...

I've seen a lot of Hanna-Barbera merchandise over the years, including Yogi Bear toys, but I've never seen these before.

Kid said...

I never knew of their existence before seeing them on eBay, TC, but they seem to be professionally made, though maybe they're unlicensed. Then again, maybe not.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...