Wednesday 3 January 2018

CAN YOU SPOT THE CLUE WITH ZIP NOLAN?


Copyright REBELLION

I'd be 'LION' to you (ho-ho) if I said the following ZIP NOLAN strip is the pinnacle of perfect reproduction, 'cos it certainly isn't.  However, I've tried to compensate for the faint line work by digitally enhancing a few spots where it was particularly bad, but there's a limit to what I can do short of printing out the pages and drawing over the 'ghostie' parts.  This is the way it appeared in the 1980 Lion Holiday Special, so they must've used an extremely poor source for these reprinted pages - obviously they'd have been much sharper when they were first published in the weekly periodical.  Anyway, it's either these scans or you don't get to read them at all I'm afraid, so you'll have to be thankful for small mercies.  

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...