Sunday 17 September 2017

MINICHAMPS ASTON MARTIN D.B.5...



Fans of JAMES BOND's ASTON MARTIN D.B.5 are sure to love this 1:43 scale working model by MINICHAMPS, of which I have two - lucky me.  (No, I'm not holding a competition to give one away - buy your own.)  Isn't it great?  I have a couple of larger (about a foot long) models of the car still to show you, which you'll get to see when I dig them out of whichever boxes they're in.  If I ever win the Lottery, I'm going to buy a real version of this car - then pay SALMA HAYEK to drive me around in it.  Sounds good to me.  (With my luck though, first thing she'd probably do is use the ejector seat to get rid of me.)


6 comments:

Lionel Hancock said...

I must look for a World Of Wooster Bentley...That was out of stock after I saved all my pennies to buy it half a century ago.. Back to the subject. Good to see they are bringing them back again.. The Aston martin was a good one . I had the Goldfinger one, but gave it to my cousin ( NOT to destroy ) and replaced it with the silver You Only live twice version with the white Toyota ...

Kid said...

I take it you're talking Corgi Toys, LH? I've got original gold and silver birch Aston Martins, plus some of the reissued versions. I've also got the first reissue of the Toyota, which still had the circular Corgi Toys name on the base. When they reissued it a second time, it had been removed and replaced.

Rip Jagger said...

Ejector seat! You're joking!

Beauty.

Rip Off

Kid said...

I never joke about my toys, RJ.

A beauty indeed.

Lionel Hancock said...

Awesome you having both Aston Martins.. I wish I kept my Goldfinger one now...but back then you don't think of 50 years later. Especially when you are 8 years old.. If my memory serves me still the gold car did not have tyre slashers I think..

Kid said...

Correct. It was the silver birch one from a couple or so years later that had the tyre-slashers and revolving number plates. If you type 'Aston Martin D.B.5' into the blog's search box, you're bound to see them.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...