Tuesday 16 May 2017

CRIVENS' CRACKING COMIC COVERS: FANTASTIC FOUR #268...

Image copyright MARVEL COMICS

Now this is what I call an effective cover. It utilised the official MARVEL DOCTOR DOOM mask (for when Marvel characters were used at PR events), and sported a great bit of lettering along the bottom of the cover.

Wouldn't it be nice when the FF mag makes a return, if JOHN BYRNE took over the reigns once more?  Put your hands up if you agree.  (No, John, you can't vote for yourself - put your hand down at once!)

4 comments:

paul Mcscotty said...

I haven't seen John Byrne draw anything new in a while I was thinking that he had retired apart from the odd foray ( I think I saw a Star Trek comic by him recently by IDW). Wasn't he considered a bit of a "big head" by someof his peers?

John Byrne has been a naturalised American citizen since 1988 and as far as I am aware he gave up his UK citizen (and probably Canadian) rights. At his peak he was a brillaint artist- ROG 2000 rules.

Kid said...

I believe he was, PM, which, if true, was no doubt brought on by his success with the X-men and the FF. I suppose when you have loads of people telling you how brilliant you are, there's a possibility that you'll come to believe it (if you didn't already). He must've been doing something right 'though, 'cos I read somewhere that he was the first comics millionaire writer/artist.

karl said...

I absolutely adore the FF being a big time fan since 1970 and would worship the ground of anyone who brings back the world's greatest comic!

Kid said...

Well, surely only if they made a good job of it, K? After all, we don't want it done rubbishy. I'd like to see Steve Rude draw it if John Byrne didn't.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...