Sunday 9 April 2017

JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY THOR COVER - HOW I MIGHT HAVE DONE IT...

Images copyright MARVEL COMICS

I've already added this image to the 'spot the difference' post on JOURNEY Into MYSTERY #83, but I felt it deserved a post of its own.  As you know, several STONE MEN were removed from the cover before publication to give greater prominence to THOR, but I felt that a few of them could have been left in.  Consequently, I did a little work on a copy of the original production stat to show how I might've done things had I been calling the shots.  (Hey, you gotta think big!)  Below is the original for comparison.


6 comments:

John Pitt said...

That is actually A-OK!
Pat yourself on the back!
( Now, what about that Ka-Zar/X-Men? )....

Kid said...

Now there's an idea...

baab said...

Thats exactly the way to do it, Kid.
I am enjoying this series of articles.

Kid said...

So am I, Baab - as well as the series of comments they've been receiving. Ta muchly.

Joe S. Walker said...

It's a bit odd Thor swinging at enemies who all seem to be behind him. Shouldn't there have been a Stone Man or two rising up from the bottom of the cover?

Kid said...

Well, the cover's laid out for dramatic effect, JSW. I think it's safe to assume (if you want to) that there were a few Stone Men in front of Thor, but they've already been knocked out of shot (otherwise we wouldn't see Thor for them). Gotta remember too that covers are usually symbolic. Good thinking 'though.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...