Monday 8 April 2013

JUST WHERE IS YOGI BEAR?



When I was 4 or 5 years old, one of my favourite toys was a LOUIS MARX friction-drive yellow scooter with YOGI BEAR riding it.  In fact, I liked it so much that I got another one for my 6th or 7th birthday.  By that time the first Yogi's scooter had disappeared, but I still had Yogi himself, and would let him have a 'backie' on new Yogi's scooter.

I've been trying to track down a replacement for many years, but so far with no success.  The closest I've gotten is to the above picture of the box in a HANNA-BARBERA TREASURY book I purchased a few years back.  If any of you happen to own this toy or know where I can obtain one, please get in touch.  I'd even settle for seeing a photo of it.  If you can reunite Yogi with his childhood pal, let me know in the comments section.

******

And thanks to the kindness of 'J', I can now show you some photos of Yogi himself, sitting astride his yellow scooter.  I hope to be buying this very item quite soon, so I'll keep you posted on what transpires.  This is the first time I've seen this toy since I last owned my two as a child, so it's amazing to see it again.



4 comments:

DeadSpiderEye said...

I have a friend who's ventured into the the classic toys, tin-plate, mostly automata but it does mean that he gets around auctions and comes across other stuff. I'll mention Yogi to him when I get the chance he might come across something. Generally prices seem to be depressed but if you're after something hard to get hold of, that doesn't necessarily hold true.

Kid said...

I'd appreciate that, DSE, thanks very much.

Chris Sobieniak said...

Wish I could help you here. Nice to see Marx released something like that (I knew them more for things like the Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots).

Kid said...

They did loads of great stuff, Chris - Daleks, robots, comics, TV & movie characters, etc. A brilliant company. I noticed you haven't posted anything on your blog for a while.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...