Friday 21 February 2014

ROLL UP! ROLL UP! STARBURST COVER GALLERY - PART THREE...


Images copyright respective owners

Another half-dozen STARBURST covers completes the first couple or so years of a magazine started by British comics guru DEZ SKINN in 1978.  Issue #20 was the last one that Dez was officially involved with before leaving for pastures new in pursuit of other projects.

I'll feature further covers from sporadically-purchased later issues as I find them, so keep your peepers peeled for future posts.





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caroline Munro. Man o' man. Nuff said.

Kid said...

Seconded.

Staz Johnson said...

Issue #24 with the Caroline Munro cover was my first issue of Starburst. I remember seeing the very first issue on sale but remarking to my friends that it was a rip-off mag that was just trying to cash in on Star War's success, & as a result never really gave it a second glance in the newsagent's, prefering instead to stick with my Marvel UK's Star Wars Weekly. Eventually I surcumed however, though surprisingly it wasn't the lovely Ms. Munro that make me part with my hard earned pocket money, but the promise of an interview with Mark Hamill! Oh the joy of innocent youth.

Kid said...

Amazing to think the mag's still being published today. Staz. I recognised Jon Brosnan's name from his book, James Bond in the Cinema, not realising I'd be lettering his scripts for 2000 A.D. quite a few years later.

John Pitt said...

Can't remember which was the first ish I discovered , but we haven't come to it yet. Did you ever get Starlog as well?

Kid said...

I'm bound to have the odd ish, JP, but probably not from this period.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...