Thursday 9 March 2017

KLASSIC KIRBY KOMIC KOVERS: THE MIGHTY THOR #142...

Image copyright MARVEL COMICS

Another classic cover for you to paste your peepers 'pon, Criv-ites, as The MIGHTY THOR battle The FANTASTIC FOUR's bombastic baddie The SUPER SKRULL.  I first read this story in the pages of SMASH!, and it may well have been the final Thor tale to appear in the esteemed periodical's pulsatin' pages (I'd have to check).  JACK KIRBY did himself (and us) proud with this cataclysmic cover, that's for sure.

(Shame the Skrull's cross-eyed though.)

4 comments:

Simon B said...

I actually bought a nice copy of this comic only a few weeks ago. It is a great cover indeed... which did the job any good comic cover should do by attracting my attention. Love the yellow sky!

Kid said...

But stay away from yellow snow, Cer - they're not the same thing.

Anonymous said...

I actually have this original issue, and a reprint that was in Marvel Spotlight or one of those reprint runs... The original cover looks much better (I think they tweaked colors on the reprint).

GJ

Kid said...

I've got the reprint so I'll check when I get a chance, GJ.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...