Saturday 10 October 2015

THE CRUNCH COVER GALLERY - PART NINE...


Images copyright D.C. THOMSON & Co., Ltd

As I was preparing the four covers for this post, I was half-listening to a radio programme about something-or-other and heard someone say "That's the crunch of the matter!"  How apt is that, eh?  And so we return to The CRUNCH Cover Gallery, featuring the DCT comic which lasted for only 54 issues from 1979 to 1980.  Similar in some respects (if you squint a bit) to IPC's 2000 A.D. (especially its use of the term "thrill-power"), you'd have thought it would've lasted  longer.

Some people no doubt think I don't include enough information about the comics I feature, but comics are a visual medium, and I prefer to let the images speak for themselves.  Whenever I'm perusing other blogs, I'd rather see good-quality pictures of comics from the past, and bring my own thoughts, memories and associations to the table, than have someone witter on about things I already know.  Besides, sometimes there's no new facts I can add, so I tend not to bother trying.

Anyway, here are some nice covers for you to look at.  Wanna see more?  Then let me know, frantic ones!









2 comments:

Phil said...

Dont remember this title. I so remember Roy of the Rovers who always kicked the ball with both feet off the ground but I don't recall the title of the comic. I don't know why but apart from the funny books and war comics! by the time I was reading British comics most the good stuff by Hampson and Frank Bellamy had ceased to be published and football comics just weren't as exciting as super heroes. Plus of course the American books were aimed at an older audience which made them more readable as you grew up.

Kid said...

Roy started in Tiger, but got his own comic sometime in the '70s, Phil.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...