Saturday 17 October 2015

THE BEST OF BRITISH COMIC ART - THE EXHIBITION THAT NEVER WAS...

Spot the mistake.  The apostrophes should be before the dates, not after them.  ('50s - '90s)

At one time I had over 70 pieces of artwork from British comics in my collection, including FRANK HAMPSON, LEO BAXENDALEKEN REID, REG PARLETT, ANGEL NADAL and LUIS BERMEJO, to name but a few.  Because of this, one of my former colleagues from my days in the local central library proposed the idea of staging an exhibition of some of the pages in the library building.  I started work on a catalogue to accompany the exhibition, but later abandoned the whole idea, as the library's attitude to protecting the art from damage or theft seemed a little too casual in my view and not in accord with my own.

Recently, I rediscovered the cover and the only two pages I ever managed to complete, so thought I'd share them with you here.  I've still got about a dozen pages of art in my collection, so who knows, I may eventually get around to putting on that exhibition yet.


2 comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...