| Copyright DC COMICS |
Arrived yesterday, this neat Facsimile Edition of Batman Limited Collectors' Edition from 1974, with a great Neal Adams (I think) illustration lifted (with amendments) or redrawn from the 21st page of Batman #251. I thought you'd like to see the splash pages from the tales contained therein, so that's them below, lovingly scanned and enhanced just for all you discerning Crivvies. No, don't thank me, I live to please. Oh, go on then - leave a comment if you want to.
8 comments:
Not one for me as I have the 2 original 70s comics, but it's a nice selection of stories in a cool format.
I now own more Limited Collectors' Editions - in original and facsimile form - than I ever did at the time, McS. The larger size alleviates the problem of my declining eyesight. And they're just soooo nice to browse through.
This Batman era, apart from a Superman/Batman annual with Talia, RAG's daughter, predates my meagre Batman knowledge!
Off-topic, Kid, this morning I drafted a full-length post, plugging my book, if your kind offer still stands. How would I send it to you? Could I drop it in the comments, in the usual way, and let you work your magic, on your end?
Phillip
You can drop it in the comments and I'll post it on the blog, or send me your email (which I won't publish) and I'll contact you, P. Whichever you prefer.
Thanks again, Kid! I'll drop it in the comments, probably in several 'chunks'!
Phillip
Now up, PB.
I absolutely loved this issue. I read it over and over until the cover came off…..not really because I assembled the diorama off the back cover, which looked pretty cool to me. I bought as many of these oversized editions as I could find.
I'm sometimes torn between buying a facsimile of these oversized mags and the originals, G, if I don't already have them. In fact, even if i DO have an original, I'll still buy the facsimile - just so I can play 'spot the difference'.
Post a Comment