Wednesday, 19 August 2026

SUPERMAN, BATMAN, ORION, And DOOMLORD...


Copyright DC COMICS

Above, DC's Facsimile Edition of World's Finest Comics # 195, below, their facsimile of New Gods #1, not long arrived at Castel Crivens and straight on to my scanner to share with you Crivs.  Nothing to complain about with either of these two titles, so I heartily recommend them to you as worthy additions to your collections.  The World's Finest cover looks like a 'Swanderson' effort to me, but perhaps regular reader McS will tell me it's pencilled by Adams and inked by Anderson - I'm considering the possibility 'cos I'm too lazy to look it up for myself. 


Next, Hybernia Books' two volumes of collected reprints of the 'new' Eagle's Doomlord stories from the '80s, the first consisting of illustrated picture strips, the second being photo stories in the style of girls' romance mags.  Interestingly, the copyright of these publications isn't attributed to Rebellion, but rather The Dan Dare Corporation.  I can't find a date on the first one, though I think it's from a few years back, while the second is a bang-up-to-date 2026 release.  Hey, you could spend your dosh on far worse things.  Comments welcome.

Copyright The DAN DARE Corporation

2 comments:

McSCOTTY said...

These are 2 DC facsimiles that I will be picking up. I wasn't a fan of the New Gods comic ( I only ever read this in a collection and missed the comic first time around ) but the first issue always looked so cool. Is the interior to Worlds Finest by Swan/Anderson as I have a few WFs around this time that were by other hands?

The Worlds Finest issue cover looks like it is as you noted a Swanaderson creation, I don't see Adams hand in this.

Doomlord isn't a book that interests me but I know the character was popular.

Kid said...

The interior to WF is by Ross Andru & Mike Esposito, McS. There's also a Congo Bill back-up tale, but I'm not sure who the artist is though it seems familiar.

Interestingly, Doomlord was the top story in the new Eagle, even more so than Dan Dare, who was intended to be the star of the comic.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...