Wednesday, 5 August 2026

ROBERT The ROBOT Has COME 'OME...


Robert copyright relevant owner

My pal Robert touched down in Fireball Junior this morning (which then flew off), so I thought I'd show a photie (as we say in Glasgow) of him.  He talks (at the press of a button), and his eyes light up (though not in synchronisation to his speech) at the flick of a switch, and his chest lights up when he's speaking (but not in sync to each word).  I was going to make a video, but I've forgotten how to put it on the blog, so the above piccie will have to do.  His eyes flash from one-to-another, then both at the same time - hours of endless fun (though if it's hours it's not endless, but you know what I mean).  The cord you see belongs to the roller blind, not Robert.  "Hey, Rob - have you got Venus's 'phone number?  Give it 'ere, you pile of nuts and bolts."

8 comments:

Colin Jones said...

Last Friday (July 31st) was the end of an era for me because on that day the council collected my TV, CD/cassette player and DVD player for recycling. It was a poignant moment saying goodbye to old friends (I bought the CD player in 1998 and the DVD player in 2002) but it was a cathartic moment as well.

Kid said...

Did you replace any of the items, CJ? Or are you going to? Just think - you'd owned them for more than half your life.

Colin Jones said...

No, I won't be replacing any of the items, Kid. I bought the CD/cassette player in 1998 when I was 32 and I'm now 60 so it's slightly less than half of my life but I've owned a TV of one kind or another since I was 13 so it's quite strange to no longer own one. By the way, it cost £23.21 to have the items collected. I was told to put them outside for collection by 7am but I put them out at 6am and they were collected only 20 minutes later!

Kid said...

Ah, you're older than I thought, CJ, you ol' coffin-dodger. Was it definitely the council who collected them? Maybe it was someone in your street who fancied the look of them.

Colin Jones said...

I heard men's voices outside and the clunk of a van door closing so I assume it was the council's collection team.

I haven't congratulated you on acquiring your robot, Kid, so...er, congratulations!

Kid said...

Round my way, 'travellers' sometimes 'collect' stuff that people put out for uplift. Anything like that happen in Wales?

Robert says hello, CJ, and wishes you his best.

McSCOTTY said...

I've picked up a few things that have been left out by locals, in most cases I have asked mostly stuff for the garden. Colin must hardly have anything in his house now as I don't think he keeps boons, mags etc. Not a bad thing as I have too much stuff including over 100 CDs that just sit in my loft.

Kid said...

Ah, but they're all doorways into happy times gone by, that we'd probably forget if we didn't have these things to remind us, McS. Incidentally, blog visits for today as I type are now 25,177.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...