Tuesday 7 April 2015

THE ISLAND OF BEASTS...


Copyright relevant owner

Again, from the 1968 POW! Annual, a six-page tale entitled The ISLAND Of BEASTS, which sounds like a feminist's idea of a 'men only' holiday resort - but we all know how they resent our obvious physical and intellectual superiority in all things important, so we'll forgive them their bitterness, resentment and envy.

The artwork looks to me to be that of LUIS BERMEJO, who also drew The MISSING LINK/JOHNNY FUTURE in FANTASTIC, and is a superbly talented illustrator, I'm sure you agree.  Anyway, I haven't read this adventure in a few years, so let's re-explore its delights together.

Ready?  Then let's go!





4 comments:

John Pitt said...

Brilliant! Thanks, Kid! - You KNOW I love Luis' art, don't you?
Needless to say, if you come across any more, ....
But thanks for sharing this!

Kid said...

I think it's Luis' art, JP, but there's another couple of Spanish (I think) artists who drew very similar to him.

John Pitt said...

If it isn't, it's a very good copy.
My fab 4 Spaniards -
Carlos, Jesus, Luis, Solano.
Any favourites?

Kid said...

Any favourites? Yeah - ALL four of them.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...