Saturday 10 August 2019

ERNIE COLON - R.I.P.


Copyright relevant owner

As many of you will know by now, artist ERNIE COLON died recently (at 88 years old) after battling cancer for around a year.  I think I first discovered his art in the mid-'70s when he drew The GRIM GHOST for the short-lived ATLAS COMICS, but over the ensuing years, his name regularly popped up at MARVEL and DC (and other companies), and was one of those instantly recognisable names that always ensured top-quality illustration and visual storytelling.  His work and reputation shall live on.  Condolences to his family, friends, and fans.

2 comments:

Dave S said...

Sad news. Too many of the talented men and women of yesteryear are passing on. Thanks for all the cool stuff, Ernie!

Kid said...

Seconded. I might re-read my Grim Ghosts later, just to remember him.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...