Thursday, 21 November 2013

I DREW MONTY'S DOUBLE...




Some years ago, I worked in my local MOTOROLA plant and,
upon turning up for work one night, I was charged with an unusual task.
One of the staff was retiring ('though certainly not shy) and, knowing of
my artistic leanings, my boss asked me to do a caricature to be presented
to the soon-to-be former worker the next day.  It was a bit short-notice,
but I was supplied with a photo of the individual and let loose.

What you see above is the result, drawn during my half-hour lunch
break in the wee small hours of the morning.  Done with a gel pen if I
remember correctly, I took a bit of care inking this one as it was going to
be framed before being given to the 'lucky' recipient, but it was still drawn
pretty fast, hence the name of DUNN KWIK, my pseudonym employed
for all pieces that circumstances (or laziness) dictated being produced in
a bit of a hurry.  It was a good likeness and I hear the subject was
more than pleased with the the finished article.

I can see what needs improved, but, all-in-all, it isn't too
bad and adequately fulfilled the purpose for which it was created.
Can't ask for more than that in half an hour, can you?  Obviously it
would've been far better in colour, but not having been given any
    advance warning, I had nothing with which to colour it.   

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...