Saturday 13 December 2014

IT'S A SMALL WORLD... (Updated)


Copyright relevant owner

In 1982, THE DAILY RECORD started running a new comic strip - SMALL WORLD by DON ROBERTS.  I cut out the first one they published and put it on my bedroom wall, where, over the course of 32 years (and two houses), it has been ravaged by age and is now faded, crinkled, and at the end of its shelf life.

However, I'm determined to preserve its image, so earlier tonight I removed it from my wall and scanned it, removing as many of the crinkles and age spots as I can via the aid of computer technology.  (What you see above is as it was before I started work on it.)  The next stage was to 'bleach' it, which I'll eventually re-ink and re-colour so that I can print out a brand-new copy to take its place on the wall.  The bleached version is below.


I'll keep you updated when I can find the time to finish what I've started.  If, however, you have (or know where I can get) a pristine copy of this strip somewhere, then do me a favour and let me know, will you?  It'll save me some work.

(Update: Although I later published the finished cartoon [below] in another post with a recap of the above info, I thought I'd add it here too, so that you don't have to go searching for it.)

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...