Saturday 20 December 2014

CLASSIC U.K. COMIC (& MAGAZINE) COVERS OF THE PAST - PART ONE...


Copyright relevant owners

Missing the comics of your youth?  Longing for the happy, innocent, carefree days they represent of a 'timeless' time in your life?  Then here's the post for you!  By no means comprehensive, but with enough covers of famous first issues from the past to allow you to relive those halcyon days of your childhood and bask in the glorious, golden glow of yesteryear!

Just how many did you have, and what memories to they stir in your heart?  Go on, tell us about it in the comments section.  Your nose will fall off if you don't.  (And I'd never I lie to you about something like that.)
   


















4 comments:

John Pitt said...

Now this promises to be an interestingseries! Between the 2 of us I think my brother and I would have had TV Tornado, Super DC, Look-In, W&C and Cor #1's.
TV Tornado holds memories ( now treasured ) for me of going into the Express and Star printers after school, where my late Dad had a second job as a van driver and helping him deliver the bundles of evening papers to surrounding newsagents. We got it down to a fine art between the 2 of us! And as I gaze at the cover, I can hear the Monkees' I'm A Believer in my mind!

Kid said...

Amazing how one particular image can be the gateway to so many memories associated with it, eh, JP?

Gey Blabby said...

There were two football mags I used to buy back then - one was Shoot! and the other was Goal. I would cut out the pictures of my favourite players and stick them in my scrapbook.
I looked forward every season to the league ladders that they gave away free (as in that Bobby Moore cover). Each team had its own individual tab that you could move up or down each week, depending on whether they had won, lost or drawn. Needless to say, those were grim days in the late 60s/early 70s if you were a young Rangers supporter, since your team never ended up higher in the ladder than Celtic; happier days, obviously, if you followed Celtic.

And the super squirt ring, as well - it seemed like treasure at the time.

Shocking haircut on Roy Race, though.

Kid said...

Strangely, GB, although I was never 'into' football, I bought Shoot!, Scorcher, Score, and maybe even Goal. Not for too long, but long enough to recall them fondly. Shocking haircut indeed, but didn't all footballers have haircuts like that in the '70s? They look ridiculous now, sure enough.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...