Sunday 14 October 2012

PART EIGHT OF COMIC COVERS 'SNAP'!


Copyright DC COMICS

Okay, I'll admit the above cover isn't a dead ringer for the one below, but it's essentially the same design from a different angle.  However, I consider it an example of comic covers 'snap' because both comics feature the same tale and the same artist, NEAL ADAMS, drew each cover.  Much as I appreciate both illustrations however, I still feel they could be more dynamic.  I'd have loved to see a CURT SWAN or JACK KIRBY version - what about you, culture lovers?  Make your views known in the comments section. 

2 comments:

Comicsfan said...

I'm in the midst of catching up on later seasons of Smallville that I never watched when they were broadcast, and you have no idea how many times I've practically shouted to the TV words to the effect of "Kryptonite nevermore!" I keep thinking, this guy isn't going to be much of a "Superman" if there's kryptonite from just about ever color in the spectrum floating around, and just about everyone knows his vulnerability to it. I mean, when it makes an appearance in just about every episode to throw a wrench into his rescues, it borders on the ridiculous.

Kid said...

Do you know, I've never gotten into Smallville for some reason. I've only ever seen parts of episodes when I've been channel-hopping between stations and wasn't too impressed. I suppose it's because I'm not much interested in Clark's life in a small town. Apart from that, the actor playing him is the most effeminate-looking version of Supes I've ever seen. I just cannot take him seriously.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...