Friday 11 August 2017

ME AND DAVID BOWIE...



Behave yourselves - of course I never met the man.  However, I did once present a prize of a DAVID BOWIE LP to a lucky raffle winner (who, as you can see, is clearly utterly enthralled by my 'electrifying' manly-man charisma) at some musical charity night at a local hotel back in November 1986.  This came about because my town's newspaper had recently published an article about me freelancing for 2000 A.D., and the organiser considered me a close enough approximation of a minor local celebrity for him to invite me to present a prize.  Yes, he was clearly scraping the bottom of the barrel.  (I said it first.)

Also present were footballer ALLY McCOIST, and a couple of glamorous models, one whose name was, I think, CATRINA GARRITY, though I may be wrong about that.  I've included the models anyway, 'cos I know you'd all rather see two leggy burds than make yourselves jealous looking at my hirsute handsomeness.  (The blonde woman was part of hotel management, but I don't know her name.)

Hell's bells - that was over 30 years ago, yet it seems like only last week to me.  Wish my beard was that colour nowadays when I let it grow, and I wish my stomach was as flat as it was back then.  Ain't getting old a bitch?!
   

2 comments:

Vince and Siv said...

I was next to him once at Singapore airport, he was with his wife Iman, and I kicked myself afterwards for not saying 'what was it like seeing your wife turn into William Shatner?' (Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country).

Kid said...

He'd have been thrilled, surely. Who doesn't love William Shatner? (Apart from George Takei and James Doohan.) I know William Shatner does.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...