Friday 22 March 2013

"SOMETHING FOR THE WEEKEND, SIR?" JOHNNY FUTURE AND THE KILLER ROBOT - PART ONE...


Copyright REBELLION

When JOHNNY FUTURE first appeared in FANTASTIC under the name of The MISSING LINK, he was wearing a pair of gents' modern trousers as he lumbered out of the jungle for the very first time.  Probably for no other reason than to keep him 'decent' in line with Britain's equivalent of the U.S. COMICS CODE.

However, I have a much more interesting explanation for the sub-human Link's attire that would knock your socks off.  Remind me to tell it to you some day.  Perhaps I might even draw it for you - unless there's an artist out there reading this who'd like to have a go at depicting the startling origin of one of Britain's foremost superheroes from the '60s?

In the meantime, enjoy the latest pulse-pounding instalment in the sensational and startling saga of the incredible adventures of JOHN FOSTER's awesome alter-ego.  (As illustrated by the amazing LUIS BERMEJO.)  It's a doozy!
   




10 comments:

baab said...

Let me hazard a guess,Ive been mulling this one over.
I immediately thought of him finding the Earl of Greystoke's discarded trousers.
But i gave it some more thought and I thought of him finding the Earl of Greystoke's discarded trousers.

If I am correct or not,you dont need to publish this,It may start a guessing game and pour cold water on your idea.

Kid said...

But then you'd be deprived of the credit for providing a chuckle - so I've published it anyway. (Nothing to do with Tarzan's trousers, by the way.)

baab said...

I am intrigued.

Tarzan's trousers-sounds like a strip from an old british comic.

Kid said...

It wasn't - but it should have been.

Anonymous said...

Dear Kibitzin' Kid

There's a couple of pages in the wrong order, giz a No Prize!

cheers
Front Facer (RFO)

Kid said...

Actually, I corrected that quite a while ago now. If that's still showing that way on your computer, I'd suggest you refresh your browser - or something. Honest, they're in the right order on my blog and have been for some time.

(That must explain why someone else could still see a post a day or so after I deleted it. Strange, eh?)

Anonymous said...

Aw crap.

I noticed it a couple of days ago, and haven't had access to a computer again till today.

I'll get that furshlugginer No Prize one of these days....



cheers
B Smith

Unknown said...

Does anyone know the name of the artist here? ive seen his work in war/commando books, i love to know who he is

Kid said...

Paul, I think I've named the artist (Luis Bermejo) in every post I've published on Johnny Future. The one time I don't, someone asks me who the artist is. Isn't that just like the thing? (To coin a phrase.) I've added his name to the post.

Unknown said...

Ah i shouldve checked...thanks for letting me know :)



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...