Saturday 12 October 2024

SECRET ORIGINS COVER & IMAGE GALLERY - PART THIRTEEN...

Copyright DC COMICS

Panic ye not, cavortin' Crivs - although this entry concludes the 50 issue regular magazine run, we're not going to end on unlucky (part) 13, as there's still one final post to come featuring Annuals and Specials.  So it's only taken around 8 years to get to the end of this series, which kind of reflects not only my lack of enthusiasm for this mag, but yours also, as (with a few exceptions aside) not many of these posts seemed to generate many hits or comments.  Who knows, maybe there'll be a collective sigh of relief now that it's about to end, which will inspire a rabid response to mark its passing, eh?  However, wait 'til part 14 when we officially pull down the curtain on this particular gallery and close its doors for good.  In the meantime, cast a glance over what's on offer this time around. 

























6 comments:

Norman said...

Well, you've guilted me into commenting!! I'm finding numbers of views let alone comments are making me slow down.
I never saw this series as I'd left comics in the late 70s to get narried, etc. etc. And covers are one thing. But I have loved seeing the splash pages. And I hadn't realised Swan was in these. Gorgeous

Kid said...

Hi, NB, I've probably inadvertently exaggerated the lack of popularity of these posts, but it just seems that they haven't set the blogging world alight, even though there ARE some good images in amongst them. Also, I loved the very first issue, which had Wayne Boring drawing Superman, inked by Jerry Ordway.

Colin Jones said...

Tomorrow is exactly 50 years since the first episode of the POTA TV series was broadcast on ITV at 7:25pm. This is a momentous anniversary for me because the direction of my childhood was completely changed by the POTA TV series and the subsequent discovery of the POTA weekly and Marvel comics and Conan of whom I've been a lifelong fan as well as meeting other Marvel readers like my friend Carl Coffey so I can't imagine my childhood without Marvel and it probably wouldn't have happened without the POTA TV series to kick it all off.

Kid said...

What else can I say, CJ, but happy 50th Anniversary. As far as POTA goes, although I've seen all 5 original movies, I've never seen even one episode of the TV show. Maybe one day, eh? That name Carl Coffey sounds familiar; did he have any letters published in any of the UK Marvel mags back in the day?

Colin Jones said...

Not as far as I know, Kid, and I think I'd have heard about it if he did.

Talking of 50th anniversaries - did you ever watch Coronation Street in the '70s? If so do you remember when the women of the street went on holiday to Majorca? Those Majorca episodes were broadcast on October 14th and 16th 1974 so it's the 50th anniversary of them too. They are the earliest Corrie episodes I can remember watching and I watched them both again on YouTube last year.

Kid said...

I'd only have seen Coronation Street when my mother was watching CJ, and even then I wouldn't have been paying much attention to what was going on. I remember early characters, but not really any of the storylines.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...