Saturday 5 October 2024

CORGI GLOSS BLACK 1966 BATMOBILE REISSUE...


My Corgi gloss black reissue of the 1966 Batmobile arrived yesterday, but when I snapped the above photo, the camera flash didn't exactly do it any favours.  The matt black version is due out in October and one will be winging its way to me then 'cos I'm a member of the Corgi Model Club and get sent each new release automatically.

For the first six months of its life, Corgi's Batmobile was matt black, before being switched to gloss for the remainder of its run.  Why?  Speculation on my part, but when George Barris first customised the only existing prototype of the Lincoln Futura into the Batmobile, it had a matt black finish, which was changed to gloss before filming of the TV show began.

I therefore assume Corgi was sent photographic reference of the car with a matt finish when they began manufacturing the toy, which was changed when it was realised the car on the telly had a gloss finish.  Who knows, maybe the show's producers pointed out the error and asked Corgi to amend it.  Anyway, my photo doesn't do it justice so here's Corgi's own.

Will you be buying this great toy and reliving your childhood?  












No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...