Wednesday 13 March 2024

DO YOU DARE BUY THE HAYNES SPACE FLEET OPERATIONS MANUAL, DAN...?

Copyright relevant and respective owners

Above is a nice little book that I imagine all fans of Dan Dare would like (and will probably already have).  Got it for a mere £5.99 (RRP £16.99) mail order and it's a nice 'companion piece' for the Fireball XL5 volume I acquired recently.  It came out in 2013, but my copy is brand-new and unread, and though I'm not a massive Dan Dare fan, it's the sort of book I'll enjoy having a browse-through from time-to-time.  And look at that cracking colour illustration below by Don Harley - great, innit?

The Mekon, Dan Dare, and Frank Hampson

4 comments:

Monty said...

Yes a truly stunning book which I would like but I have so many books the house is starting to creak. I think there's a Thunderbirds book in this format or have I imagined that?

Kid said...

No, you haven't imagined it - it's a manual for Thunderbird 2. Maybe I'll get one some day.

Terranova47 said...

The Spacefleet Manual is a great companion volume for the magazine Spaceship Away, still published after 20 years of keeping the original Dare active.

Kid said...

I bought the first 22 issues of Spaceship Away when it was produced under its original editor, but I gave up on it after that. I haven't been too impressed by any subsequent issues I've seen, but for avid Dan Dare fans wanting to relive their youth, I'm sure it does the job.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...