Sunday 30 July 2023

MARVEL FACSIMILE EDITIONS...


Copyright MARVEL COMICS

Three fairly recent Facsimile Editions for you to look out for, Crivvies, are X-Men #101, and The Incredible Hulk #s 180 & 181.  The latter two were reprinted a few years back, so now you've got a second chance if you missed them first time around, without paying inflated prices on eBay or on the collectors market.

I noticed that 180 has the 'Continued After Next Page...' lines before ads, whereas 181 doesn't, which is perplexing.  Why Marvel doesn't seem able to operate a consistent policy regarding this is beyond me.  My earlier facsimiles aren't at hand* for me to check if it was the same, but when they got around to reprinting #182, the 'Continued...' lines were present, as I can see from looking at the issue on my blog.

Anyway, Make Mine Marvel!

*Update: Couldn't help myself - dug out my previous facsimiles of #s 180-182 from a few years back and checked.  181 also has no 'Continued...' lines (though 180 & 182 do), so the new copy is just a straight reprint of it, aside from the current printing date in the indicia.

4 comments:

Rip Jagger said...

These facsimiles are becoming more and more common. Some of them are real keys and I'm eager to get them. Wolverine fans should be really happy.

Kid said...

Especially when they see what price the '70s originals are going for, RJ. The facsimiles are a steal.

Colin Jones said...

Sorry to nitpick, Kid, but that's Uncanny X-Men #101 not #100.

Kid said...

Yup. and I knew that, CJ, as the comic was right in front of me as I typed the post. Not quite sure how that happened - brain fog moment perhaps. Thing is, if you left-click on the image and save it, you'll see it's listed as X-Men 101 FE (for Facsimile Edition). Anyway, duly amended.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...