Friday 14 October 2022

DC AND MARVEL FACSIMILE EDTIONS...


Copyright respective owners.  (DC COMICS and MARVEL COMICS)

Here's a few fairly recent releases of Facsimile Editions by DC and Marvel that you might be interested in acquiring.  The bottom of the art on the covers of Action Comics #1 and Detective Comics #27 has been extended to compensate for the differences in page size between mags back then and now, but you'd think they'd get someone who knew what they were looking at to perform the task.  The bottom of the guy's elbow on AC #1 doesn't look quite where it should be (making the arm a tad too long), and the raised lower arm of the gunman on DC #27 is on the outside of his upper arm, instead of the inside.  Those flaws apart, they're well worth acquiring and that's my very own copies you're looking at.

It's worth noting that these reprints excite me more than any modern comics I can think of - and I already own various versions of the stories, in individual and also collected formats.  What does that tell you about contemporary comic mags, Crivvies?  Feel free to wax lyrical in the comments section.



In case you were wondering, the barcode is on the back cover


6 comments:

Colin Jones said...

I saw Action Comics #1 and the Spidey annual when I looked in the window of my local comics shop recently (they were on shelves near the window). I never saw any annuals on sale back in the day so this was the first time I'd ever set eyes on a US Marvel annual even though it was a facsimile.

Kid said...

Guess what, CJ? I've got the original Annual, plus the original Spidey #1, the facsimiles of which you see on the post. I'll maybe publish both facsimiles side-by-side with the originals when I get a chance to dig them out.

McSCOTTY said...

I picked up the "Tomb of Dracula " facsimile last week. I left the Spider-Man annual as I already have a (poor) copy. Action and Detective don't really interest me as im not really interested in golden age comics. I didn't see Spidey issue 1, so might buy that next time Im in toqn.

Kid said...

I've lost count of how many facsimile/replica editions I've got of Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Spider-Man, etc., McS, but I just find them irresistible. And the DC issues are historically significant, so that's another plus.

baggsey said...

It's a good thing that DC doesn't start publishing entire series of Bronze Age comic facsimiles, one per month, because I'd get the lot! The one problem I have is that the selection of facsimiles the do produce are the same "classic" issues they've reprinted many times before.

Kid said...

I think I'd be buying them every month as well, B, they're just so enticing. I'd love to see Marvel do facsimile issues of the Hulk #s 2-6 (they've already done #1) so that I could have a complete set of the first short run. (The 6th issue was released as a True Believers ish, but that doesn't really count.)

While it's true what you say about DC having reprinted 'classic' issues many times before, they haven't always included the original ads and letters pages, so that's the advantage of the facsimiles over previous reprints.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...