Thursday 13 October 2022

SUSAN STORM - MULTIPLE TIMES OVER...


Copyright MARVEL COMICS

Above is a recent comic I bought purely because of the cover.  It portrays various versions of Susan Storm, alias the Invisible Girl, who, for reasons too complicated to go into, pretends to be married to Reed Richards.  Thankfully, however, I can see right through her, and I know she secretly loves me and longs to be my wife.  I'll wait 'til she asks though, as I don't want her to think I'm easy.  (Now, how do I get out of these long-sleeved pyjamas tied at the back.) 

6 comments:

Rip Jagger said...

Some of those alternate costumes I don't recognize which informs me how long I've been away from the world of new comics.

Kid said...

I don't recognise every single one myself, RJ, so I suspect a few may have been invented to suggest Invisible Girls from alternate universes.

Monty said...

Best costume appears to be extreme right top, leaving very little to the imagination. Best hairstyle is top middle white football costume.
Best combination is bottom left and up one to the right, the nurses uniform with pony tail. Now back to my day job.

Kid said...

'Cos she loves me, she'll dress up in whichever way I fancy at the time, M. (What's that, nurse? Time for my reality pill?)

Monty said...

This post has got me thinking. How come Sue Storm's costume turns invisible? I seem to remember David McCallum stripping to the buff in the 70s TV series, although I was a little suspicious how the eyes worked in the latex mask. Sure they were contact lens but even so, it's a bit far-fetched if you ask me.

Kid said...

It turns invisible for the same reason that Reed's costume stretches and Johnny's turns into flame - unstable molecules, a firmly established concept in comics for decades now. In the case of McCallum's mask, I suppose we were meant to assume that the latex adhered to the skin around his eyes (as it did his mouth), allowing for 'normal' facial expressions. Turning invisible is what's actually far-fetched, but at least it's an interesting concept for exploration, story-wise.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...