Friday 20 September 2024

TOYBOX TREASURES Of The PAST - JR21 THUNDERBIRD 1...

TB1 copyright relevant and respective owner

Above, a JR21 Thunderbird 1 which I recently won in an eBay auction for a few paltry pounds.  I had two of them when I was a kid (at different times), the first being a blue one with grey wings and base, and the second being the same as the one in the pic.

Anyway, I got straight to work on it when it arrived, touching-up the lettering and affixing spare tail fins from a Matchbox electronic TB1 from the '90s.  (Pretty much the same size, though the nose-cone is slightly longer.)  They were silver, but I painted them a mid-grey, to better complement the rest of the colour scheme.

Then I acquired a repro box (which cost around the same as the toy itself), though I've not yet decided whether I'm going to keep it or not as it's not quite up to the standard I expected.  (The image quality is fine, but the end flaps could be cut with more precision.)  Anyway, thought you might like to see the result, so that's it below.

Don't look too hard for faults and imperfections 'cos I'm still fine-tuning parts of it.  Did you have this toy as a kid, anyone?  If so, record your reminisces in our neglected comments section.


 

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...